12/21/08

Anachronistic Drawing Final



For my Life Drawing final we were told to do an anachronistic piece that transformed the original state of an old master drawing by putting ourselves in the scene as a fully modern player.  I chose a well-known drawing by Albrecht Durer (top) titled Adam and Eve and replaced the apple in Eve's hand with a different kind of Apple... It works as a pun as well as a commentary on the cultural and societal impact of technology (Mac in particular, which is the preferred operating system for most visual artists)  I'm sure there are a half-dozen other interpretations you can make from a piece like this, but I'll leave it at that.  Overall it was a fun project, and I learned a lot trying to integrate my style of drawing while keeping true to the meticulous air of a Durer engraving.  That man had an extremely steady hand and a lot of patience!

No comments: