6/9/11

Safari Mural




I've been working on a mural project while I've been home in Michigan for a couple of weeks, and this time around I experimented with a slightly different approach. All of the murals I've done thus far have been abstract compositions painted directly onto the wall using semigloss interior paint. For the safari nursery project, I decided to go a different route and do large vinyl print-outs of ink and photoshop illustrations, with some details being painted directly on the wall (such as the vines) Here is a sampling of the work I sent out for print. (The monkeys were part of the original design but will not be included in the final installation)

3 comments:

Andrea said...

These are wonderful! You could totally sell these at any retailer.

UNTiTLED LiFE said...

aaahhh so cool! how come they didn't want the monkeys?

Anonymous said...

ohh!!! I'm in love with the elephants, really cute Jacqueline!